Course price $9,900
Course Over view:
Shiralee Advanced Cosmetic Tattoo Academy offers students an all-inclusive training program set in a modern learning environment, this program was developed to cover all the basic principles of cosmetic tattooing and is delivered in a manner consistent in providing you with the confidence to progress into the workplace and immediately apply your newly acquired skills. Our extensive learning regimen is offered as a specialty unit with a well-planned and uniquely extended format to ensure you gain all the required skills and knowledge for a successful transition into this highly specialised field. Once you have successfully completed this course you will receive a certificate of completion in Design and Perform Cosmetic Tattooing. Once this is completed you can then apply for your government accreditation through Sydney Beauty & Dermal Institute.
The course is set up to give you the most out of your training, there are 10 days in total. The first two days are theory based components, one day to perform simulated and practical activities on fake skin before moving on to clients on day 4. There are 5 days of practical work on clients, followed by another 2 days in a month’s time for your final assessment.
You will have fully supervised one on one training with a fully qualified trainer and assessor, who will help you every step of the way and give you plenty of support through many hours of combined practical and theory during your time with us.
DAY 1: Theory day: Introduction to cosmetic tattooing, procedural hygiene and practice, anatomy of the face, equipment and components, pre procedure preparation, treatment setup area and perform simulated activities.
DAY 2: Theory day: How to present a consultation, client consent and indemnity. Pigments and colour mixing, colour theory, skin analysis, perform a patch test and perform simulated activities
DAY 3: Practical Day: Practicing practical techniques in tattooing on practise skin
2-3 weeks of practising – depending on skills acquired in that time
DAY 4&5: Eyebrows- Models required for solid and powder brows with machine.
4 weeks of going away and practising eyebrow tattooing on clients
DAY 6 & 7: Eye liner- Models required for solid eye liner.
4 weeks of going away and practising eyeliner tattooing on clients
DAY 8 & 9: Lips- Models required for lip line and lip line and blend.
4 weeks of going away and practising eyeliner tattooing on clients
2 Days of final assessment
Final Days of Assessment content:
When you return for your final 2 days of assessment 8 weeks after your initial classes, you will be required to complete a series of around 6 procedures including both touch ups and new procedures. You can then send all the evidence (photos/videos) to the college for your government accreditation.
Work place procedures:
After the completion of the classroom components of this course, you will be required to fully document (log book and video evidence) and perform a series of workplace procedures consisting of:
- 25 new procedures for the eyebrows
- 15 Eyeliners procedures
- 10 lip procedures
And then return for your final three days of assessment with us. If you complete 4 to 5 procedures per week you will finish in 8 weeks.
We can also arrange you to come back into the salon once or twice a week to complete your hours before your final assessment. You will be able to use a room in my clinic, equipment and products at no fee to yourself, but your clients will be charged a small fee to cover everything.
Pre Course Requirements
- SIB70110 (HLTIN402B - Maintain Infection control in an office setting) must be completed 4 weeks prior to the commencement of your course with Shiralee Advanced Cosmetic Tattooing otherwise you will not legally be able to perform on clients. This licence takes 3 months to complete so you need to make sure give yourself enough time to have it completed before you start your training with us. This can be completed through Sydney beauty and dermal Institute and is a total cost of $950.
This can also be done through Brisbane Tafe, or any other college you choose as long as it is the correct code.
- To undertake this qualification you must hold SIB50110 Diploma of Beauty Therapy. If you do not have a Diploma of Beauty you can still complete this course by undertaking the following pre-requisite units through the Sydney beauty and dermal institute.
- SIBBCCS404A Work in a skin therapies framework
- SIBBCCS406A Use electricity in beauty therapy treatments
- SIBBSSS407A interpret the chemical composition and physical action of cosmetic products
- HLTIN402B Maintain infection control standards in office settings
Total for these units $1,950
* Pre-requisite units are an additional cost to Shiralee Advanced Training Academy course price.
Before you beginning any practical work, you will receive a student work book and are required to do 40 hours of theory and an exam.
Jenny Marshall As a Beauty professional with over 37 years’ experience in the Beauty Industry, 22 years as an Advanced, Master trained Paramedical Cosmetic Tattooist, Committee Member of the ACT for last 3 years you can be assured you are in expert hands. Jenny is a qualified trainer and is very passionate about giving you the tools and education you need to master this specialised skill.
Qualifications: SIBBSKS504A Design and Perform Cosmetic Tattooing, TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, SHBBHRS004 Provide hair reduction treatments using electrical currents, Multiple Diplomas, Post Graduate Certificates, Ongoing Professional Development.
Terms and conditions:
- Course content/ time frame may vary
- Shiralee Advance Cosmetic Tattoo Academy is only the training academy, Government accreditation is not included in course fees. You must send through all your assessment information, exams and photo documentation to Sydney Beauty & Dermal institute to get the Government qualification and an extra fee of approximately $1,000 will incur.
- Shiralee Advance Cosmetic Tattoo Academy is the only training academy in Townsville accredited by APAN (Aesthetics Practitioners Advisory Network).
- Courses never used to have to be government accredited but the laws are changing and you can no longer just do a short 4 day course, you won’t be recognised or able to be insured.
- Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of payment
- A $2,000 deposit must be made when booking course and final payment is required no less than 30 business days prior to course commencement date
- Refunds will not be issued to students who do not attend training course
- Cancelations or changes to course dates once confirmed must be made no less than 20 business days prior to course commencement date. If course is cancelled in time the bond will be refunded but if you fail to give more than 20 business days’ notice, there will be a charge of 80% of the total course price. If you give less than 10 business days’ notice, a charge of 100% of the total course price will incur.
- By signing below and submitting your booking for the course, you are agreeing to Shiralee Advanced Cosmetic Tattoo Academy’s Terms and Conditions.
Shiralee Advanced Cosmetic Tattoo Academy
Trainer: Jenny Marshall
53 Queen Street Ayr 4807
Phone: 07 47832646